World Debt Explained: Nation’s Debt In $100 Bills

Unless a free people are educated -- taught to think intelligently and plan wisely -- freedom usually does more harm than good. This forum is to help establish Cosmic insight interpreted in terms of planetary facts, needs, and goals. Help the worlds citizens to be informed by posting current information on World Events.

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

$16 Trillion U.S. DEBT - A Visual Perspective

[ flash ]

Uploaded on Aug 22, 2011
A look into how much hard cash the US government owes and the fiscal mess the United States is in. The national debt explained.
RATE, SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE!!!

demonocracy.info
usdebtclock.org

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 29

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 am

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

All this talk about "stimulus packages" and "bailouts"...

A billion dollars...

A hundred billion dollars...

Eight hundred billion dollars...

One TRILLION dollars...

What does that look like? I mean, these various numbers are tossed around like so many doggie treats, so I thought I'd take Google Sketchup out for a test drive and try to get a sense of what exactly a trillion dollars looks like.

We'll start with a $100 dollar bill. Currently the largest U.S. denomination in general circulation. Most everyone has seen them, slighty fewer have owned them. Guaranteed to make friends wherever they go.

A packet of one hundred $100 bills is less than 1/2" thick and contains $10,000. Fits in your pocket easily and is more than enough for week or two of shamefully decadent fun.

Believe it or not, this next little pile is $1 million dollars (100 packets of $10,000). You could stuff that into a grocery bag and walk around with it.

While a measly $1 million looked a little unimpressive, $100 million is a little more respectable. It fits neatly on a standard pallet...

And $1 BILLION dollars... now we're really getting somewhere...

Next we'll look at ONE TRILLION dollars. This is that number we've been hearing so much about. What is a trillion dollars? Well, it's a million million. It's a thousand billion. It's a one followed by 12 zeros.

You ready for this?

It's pretty surprising.

Go ahead...

Scroll down...

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you $1 trillion dollars...

Notice those pallets are double stacked.
...and remember those are $100 bills.

So the next time you hear someone toss around the phrase "trillion dollars"... that's what they're talking about.

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Re: World Debt Explained: Nation’s Debt In $100 Bills

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:14 am

True Activist
January 31, 2013 | Filed under: Economy,News | Posted by: True Activist

Politicians speak about Millions, Billions & Trillions everyday. The numbers mean nothing unless one understands the size of these numbers. Here is an info-graphic that is visualizing world debt in $100 bills while making the assumption that debt is represented by physical paper (when it is nothing but a bunch of electronic ones and zeros stored in various computers around the world), presents in gloriously visual terms precisely what the literal debt burden of the world’s would look like expressed in piles of one hundred dollar bills.
Sources :
Demonocracy
Image Credit

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Return to Urantia Broadcast - World News Forum