Planetary Crises - Economic Slavery - Be Informed of Dangers

Unless a free people are educated -- taught to think intelligently and plan wisely -- freedom usually does more harm than good. This forum is to help establish Cosmic insight interpreted in terms of planetary facts, needs, and goals. Help the worlds citizens to be informed by posting current information on World Events.

Planetary Crises - Economic Slavery - Be Informed of Dangers

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:45 pm

The Wealthy & Fortunate Few
Ruling Over The Unfortunate Many

Planetary Crises - Economic Slavery - Be Informed of Dangers -Counseling THE WEALTHY MAN

ImageA certain rich man, a Roman citizen and a Stoic, became greatly interested in Jesus' teaching, having been introduced by Angamon. After many intimate conferences this wealthy citizen asked Jesus what he would do with wealth if he had it, and Jesus answered him: "I would bestow material wealth for the enhancement of material life, even as I would minister knowledge, wisdom, and spiritual service for the enrichment of the intellectual life, the ennoblement of the social life, and the advancement of the spiritual life. I would administer material wealth as a wise and effective trustee of the resources of one generation for the benefit and ennoblement of the next and succeeding generations."

ImageBut the rich man was not fully satisfied with Jesus' answer. He made bold to ask again: "But what do you think a man in my position should do with his wealth? Should I keep it, or should I give it away?" And when Jesus perceived that he really desired to know more of the truth about his loyalty to God and his duty to men, he further answered: "My good friend, I discern that you are a sincere seeker after wisdom and an honest lover of truth; therefore am I minded to lay before you my view of the solution of your problems having to do with the responsibilities of wealth. I do this because you have asked for my counsel, and in giving you this advice, I am not concerned with the wealth of any other rich man; I am offering advice only to you and for your personal guidance. If you honestly desire to regard your wealth as a trust, if you really wish to become a wise and efficient steward of your accumulated wealth, then would I counsel you to make the following analysis of the sources of your riches: Ask yourself, and do your best to find the honest answer, whence came this wealth? And as a help in the study of the sources of your great fortune, I would suggest that you bear in mind the following ten different methods of amassing material wealth:
Image"1. Inherited wealth--riches derived from parents and other ancestors.

Image"2. Discovered wealth--riches derived from the uncultivated resources of mother earth.

Image"3. Trade wealth--riches obtained as a fair profit in the exchange and barter of material goods.

Image"4. Unfair wealth--riches derived from the unfair exploitation or the enslavement of one's fellows.

Image"5. Interest wealth--income derived from the fair and just earning possibilities of invested capital.

Image"6. Genius wealth--riches accruing from the rewards of the creative and inventive endowments of the human mind.

Image"7. Accidental wealth--riches derived from the generosity of one's fellows or taking origin in the circumstances of life.

Image"8. Stolen wealth--riches secured by unfairness, dishonesty, theft, or fraud.

Image"9. Trust funds--wealth lodged in your hands by your fellows for some specific use, now or in the future.

Image"10. Earned wealth--riches derived directly from your own personal labor, the fair and just reward of your own daily efforts of mind and body.

ImageAnd so, my friend, if you would be a faithful and just steward of your large fortune, before God and in service to men, you must approximately divide your wealth into these ten grand divisions, and then proceed to administer each portion in accordance with the wise and honest interpretation of the laws of justice, equity, fairness, and true efficiency; albeit, the God of heaven would not condemn you if sometimes you erred, in doubtful situations, on the side of merciful and unselfish regard for the distress of the suffering victims of the unfortunate circumstances of mortal life. When in honest doubt about the equity and justice of material situations, let your decisions favor those who are in need, favor those who suffer the misfortune of undeserved hardships."

ImageAfter discussing these matters for several hours and in response to the rich man's request for further and more detailed instruction, Jesus went on to amplify his advice, in substance saying: "While I offer further suggestions concerning your attitude toward wealth, I would admonish you to receive my counsel as given only to you and for your personal guidance. I speak only for myself and to you as an inquiring friend. I adjure you not to become a dictator as to how other rich men shall regard their wealth. I would advise you:

Image"1. As steward of inherited wealth you should consider its sources. You are under moral obligation to represent the past generation in the honest transmittal of legitimate wealth to succeeding generations after subtracting a fair toll for the benefit of the present generation. But you are not obligated to perpetuate any dishonesty or injustice involved in the unfair accumulation of wealth by your ancestors. Any portion of your inherited wealth which turns out to have been derived through fraud or unfairness, you may disburse in accordance with your convictions of justice, generosity, and restitution. The remainder of your legitimate inherited wealth you may use in equity and transmit in security as the trustee of one generation for another. Wise discrimination and sound judgment should dictate your decisions regarding the bequest of riches to your successors.

Image"2. Everyone who enjoys wealth as a result of discovery should remember that one individual can live on earth but a short season and should, therefore, make adequate provision for the sharing of these discoveries in helpful ways by the largest possible number of his fellow men. While the discoverer should not be denied all reward for efforts of discovery, neither should he selfishly presume to lay claim to all of the advantages and blessings to be derived from the uncovering of nature's hoarded resources.

Image"3. As long as men choose to conduct the world's business by trade and barter, they are entitled to a fair and legitimate profit. Every tradesman deserves wages for his services; the merchant is entitled to his hire. The fairness of trade and the honest treatment accorded one's fellows in the organized business of the world create many different sorts of profit wealth, and all these sources of wealth must be judged by the highest principles of justice, honesty, and fairness. The honest trader should not hesitate to take the same profit which he would gladly accord his fellow trader in a similar transaction. While this sort of wealth is not identical with individually earned income when business dealings are conducted on a large scale, at the same time, such honestly accumulated wealth endows its possessor with a considerable equity as regards a voice in its subsequent distribution.

Image"4. No mortal who knows God and seeks to do the divine will can stoop to engage in the oppressions of wealth. No noble man will strive to accumulate riches and amass wealth-power by the enslavement or unfair exploitation of his brothers in the flesh. Riches are a moral curse and a spiritual stigma when they are derived from the sweat of oppressed mortal man. All such wealth should be restored to those who have thus been robbed or to their children and their children's children. An enduring civilization cannot be built upon the practice of defrauding the laborer of his hire.

Image"5. Honest wealth is entitled to interest. As long as men borrow and lend, that which is fair interest may be collected provided the capital lent was legitimate wealth. First cleanse your capital before you lay claim to the interest. Do not become so small and grasping that you would stoop to the practice of usury. Never permit yourself to be so selfish as to employ money-power to gain unfair advantage over your struggling fellows. Yield not to the temptation to take usury from your brother in financial distress.

Image"6. If you chance to secure wealth by flights of genius, if your riches are derived from the rewards of inventive endowment, do not lay claim to an unfair portion of such rewards. The genius owes something to both his ancestors and his progeny; likewise is he under obligation to the race, nation, and circumstances of his inventive discoveries; he should also remember that it was as man among men that he labored and wrought out his inventions. It would be equally unjust to deprive the genius of all his increment of wealth. And it will ever be impossible for men to establish rules and regulations applicable equally to all these problems of the equitable distribution of wealth. You must first recognize man as your brother, and if you honestly desire to do by him as you would have him do by you, the commonplace dictates of justice, honesty, and fairness will guide you in the just and impartial settlement of every recurring problem of economic rewards and social justice.

Image"7. Except for the just and legitimate fees earned in administration, no man should lay personal claim to that wealth which time and chance may cause to fall into his hands. Accidental riches should be regarded somewhat in the light of a trust to be expended for the benefit of one's social or economic group. The possessors of such wealth should be accorded the major voice in the determination of the wise and effective distribution of such unearned resources. Civilized man will not always look upon all that he controls as his personal and private possession.

Image"8. If any portion of your fortune has been knowingly derived from fraud; if aught of your wealth has been accumulated by dishonest practices or unfair methods; if your riches are the product of unjust dealings with your fellows, make haste to restore all these ill-gotten gains to the rightful owners. Make full amends and thus cleanse your fortune of all dishonest riches.

Image"9. The trusteeship of the wealth of one person for the benefit of others is a solemn and sacred responsibility. Do not hazard or jeopardize such a trust. Take for yourself of any trust only that which all honest men would allow.

Image"10. That part of your fortune which represents the earnings of your own mental and physical efforts--if your work has been done in fairness and equity-- is truly your own. No man can gainsay your right to hold and use such wealth as you may see fit provided your exercise of this right does not work harm upon your fellows."

ImageWhen Jesus had finished counseling him, this wealthy Roman arose from his couch and, in saying farewell for the night, delivered himself of this promise: "My good friend, I perceive you are a man of great wisdom and goodness, and tomorrow I will begin the administration of all my wealth in accordance with your counsel."

UImageB

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is death." It is altogether possible to fall victim to the peaceful deception of pleasant adjustment to the paths of sin and death".

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 29

The Five-Step Process to Cheat the Middle Class Worker

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:41 pm

The Five-Step Process to Cheat the Middle Class Worker
Published on Monday, January 14, 2013 by Common Dreams
by Paul Buchheit

It's so artfully done, and so diabolical, that one can picture secret seminars in subterranean Wall Street meeting rooms, guiding young business recruits in the proven process of taking an extra share of wealth from the middle class. Their presentation might unfold as follows:

1. Boost productivity while keeping worker wages flat.

The trend is unmistakable, and startling: productivity has continued unabated while wages have simply stopped growing. Improved technologies have reduced the need for workers while globalization has introduced the corporate world to cheap labor. In effect, the workers who built a productive America over a half-century stopped getting paid for their efforts.

Paul Krugman suggests that a "sharp increase in monopoly power" is another reason for the disparity. As John D. Rockefeller said, "Competition is a sin." That certainly is the rule of thumb in banking and agriculture and health insurance and cell phones. Yet despite the fact that low-wage jobs are increasingly defining the American labor market, apologists for our meager minimum wage claim an increase will worsen unemployment. So it remains at $7.25. A minimum wage linked to productivity would be $21.00 per hour.

2. Build up a financial industry that has no maximum wage.

This is where the money is. In 2007, before the financial crisis, a Harvard survey revealed that almost half of the school's seniors aspired to careers in finance. The industry's share of corporate profits grew from 16% in 1980 to an astonishing 45% in 2002.

And there's no limit to the earning potential. Hedge fund manager John Paulson conspired with Goldman Sachs in 2007 to bundle sure-to-fail subprime mortgages in attractive packages, with just enough time for Paulson to collect other people's money to bet against his personally designed financial instruments. He made $3.7 billion, enough to pay the salaries of 100,000 new teachers.

3. Keep accumulating wealth created by the financial industry.

Experienced schemers have undoubtedly observed that over the past 100 years the stock market has grown three times faster than the GDP. The richest quintile of Americans owns 93% of such non-home wealth.

In the last 25 years, only the richest 5% of Americans have increased their share of non-home wealth, by the impressive rate of almost 20 percent.

In just one year, the richest 20 Americans earned more from their investments than the entire U.S. education budget.

4. Tax yourself as little as possible.

The easiest and least productive way to make money - holding on to investments - is also taxed at the lowest rate. In addition to the capital gains benefit, tax ploys like carried interest, performance-related pay, stock options, and deferred compensation allow hedge fund managers and CEOs to pay less than low-income Americans, and possibly even nothing at all.

The richest 400 taxpayers doubled their income in just seven years while cutting their tax rates nearly in half. U.S. corporations can match that, doubling their profits and cutting their taxes by more than half in under ten years. The 1.3 million individuals in the richest 1% cut their federal tax burden from 34% to 23% in just 25 years.

5. Lend out your excess money to people who can no longer afford a middle-class lifestyle.

As stated by Thom Hartmann, "The 'Takers' own vast wealth, and loan it out at interest to everybody from students to governments.." Overall, Americans are burdened with over $11 trillion in consumer debt, including mortgages, student loans, and credit card liabilities.

Wealth has largely disappeared for the middle- and lower-income classes. More than $7 trillion has been lost in the decline of home prices since 2006. Young college graduates have an average of $27,200 in student loans, and the 21-35 age group has lost 68% of its median net worth since 1984, leaving each of them about $4,000. Median net worth for single black and Hispanic women is a little over $100.

So we're hanging on by the frazzled thread of debt that indentures us to the rich and makes it harder and harder to fight back against the theft of our middle-class wealth. As we struggle to support ourselves, the super-rich remain on the take, driving us ever closer to the status of most wealth-unequal country in the world.
ImagePaul Buchheit is a college teacher, an active member of US Uncut Chicago, founder and developer of social justice and educational websites (UsAgainstGreed.org, PayUpNow.org, RappingHistory.org), and the editor and main author of "American Wars: Illusions and Realities" (Clarity Press). He can be reached at paul@UsAgainstGreed.org.

CommonDreams.org

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Re: Planetary Crises - Economic Slavery - Be Informed of Dan

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 am

This Photo Speaks for itself - What a NATIONAL DISGRACE!
Every Citizen of this nation should demand that every student STOP ALL PAYMENTS ON LOANS and DEMAND a PUBLIC INQUIRY into the Student Debt Crimes committed by the wealthy and fortunate few. Spread the word and TAKE ACTION!

Scholarslip: A documentary about the student debt crisis
[ flash ]

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

The Extremist Cult of Capitalism

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 am

The Extremist Cult of Capitalism
Published on Monday, January 21, 2013 by Common Dreams
by Paul Buchheit

ImageImage

A 'cult,' according to Merriam-Webster, can be defined as "Great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work..(and)..a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion." Capitalism has been defined by adherents and detractors: Milton Friedman said, "The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm, capitalism is that kind of a system." John Maynard Keynes said, "Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."

Perhaps it's best to turn to someone who actually practiced the art: "Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class." Al Capone said that.

Capitalism is a cult. It is devoted to the ideals of privatization over the common good, profit over social needs, and control by a small group of people who defy the public's will. The tenets of the cult lead to extremes rather than to compromise.

Examples are not hard to find.

1. Extremes of Income

By sitting on their growing investments, the richest five Americans made almost $7 billion each in one year. That's $3,500,000.00 per hour. The minimum wage for tipped workers is $2.13 per hour.

Our unregulated capitalist financial system allows a few well-positioned individuals to divert billions of dollars from the needs of society. If the 400 richest Americans lumped together their investment profits from last year, the total would pay in-state tuition and fees for EVERY college student in the United States.

2. Extremes of Wealth

The combined net worth of the world's 250 richest individuals is more than the total annual living expenses of almost half the world - three billion people.

Within our own borders the disparity is no less shocking. For every one dollar of assets owned by a single black or Hispanic woman, a member of the Forbes 400 has over forty million dollars. That's equivalent to a can of soup versus a mansion, a yacht, and a private jet. Most of the Forbes 400 wealth has accrued from nonproductive capital gains. It's little wonder that with the exception of Russia, Ukraine, and Lebanon, the U.S. has the highest degree of wealth inequality in the world.

3. Extremes of Debt

Up until the 1970s U.S. households had virtually no debt. Now the total is $13 trillion, which averages out to $100,000 per American family.

Debt appears to be the only recourse for 21- to 35-year-olds, who have lost, on average, 68% of their median net worth since 1984, leaving each of them about $4,000.

4. Extremes of Health Care

A butler in black vest and tie passed the atrium waterfall and entered the $2,400 suite, where the linens were provided by the high-end bedding designer Frette of Italy and the bathroom glimmered with polished marble. Inside a senior financial executive awaited his 'concierge' doctor for private treatment.

He was waiting in the penthouse suite of the New York Presbyterian Hospital.

On the streets outside were some of the 26,000 Americans who will die this year because they are without health care. In 2010, 50 million Americans had no health insurance coverage.

5. Extremes of Justice

William James Rummel stole $80 with a credit card, then passed a bad check for $24, then refused to return $120 for a repair job gone bad. He got life in prison. Christopher Williams is facing over 80 years in prison for selling medical marijuana in Montana, a state which allows medical marijuana. Patricia Spottedcrow got 12 years for a $31 marijuana sale, and has seen her children only twice in the past two years. Numerous elderly Americans are in prison for life for non-violent marijuana offenses.

Banking giant HSBC, whose mission statement urges employees "to act with courageous integrity" in all they do, was described by a U.S. Senate report as having "exposed the U.S. financial system to 'a wide array of money laundering, drug trafficking, and terrorist financing'" in their dealings with Mexico's Sinaloa cartel, which is considered the deadliest drug gang in the world.

HSBC received a fine equivalent to four weeks' profits. The bank's CEO said, "we are profoundly sorry."

In the words of Bertrand Russell, "Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate."

Accurate to the extreme.

ImagePaul Buchheit is a college teacher, an active member of US Uncut Chicago, founder and developer of social justice and educational websites (UsAgainstGreed.org, PayUpNow.org, RappingHistory.org), and the editor and main author of "American Wars: Illusions and Realities" (Clarity Press). He can be reached at paul@UsAgainstGreed.org.
CommonDreams.org

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 pm

WHO RUNS THE WORLD? SOLID PROOF THAT A CORE GROUP OF WEALTHY ELITISTS IS PULLING THE STRINGS
January 30, 2013 · by citizens84 · in Bilderberg Group, Bilderbergs, Corruption, Economy, Federal Reserve

(Economic Collapse) -Does a shadowy group of obscenely wealthy elitists control the world? Do men and women with enormous amounts of money really run the world from behind the scenes? The answer might surprise you. Most of us tend to think of money as a convenient way to conduct transactions, but the truth is that it also represents power and control. And today we live in a neo-feudalist system in which the super rich pull all the strings. When I am talking about the ultra-wealthy, I am not just talking about people that have a few million dollars. As you will see later in this article, the ultra-wealthy have enough money sitting in offshore banks to buy all of the goods and services produced in the United States during the course of an entire year and still be able to pay off the entire U.S. national debt. That is an amount of money so large that it is almost incomprehensible. Under this neo-feudalist system, all the rest of us are debt slaves, including our own governments. Just look around – everyone is drowning in debt, and all of that debt is making the ultra-wealthy even wealthier. But the ultra-wealthy don’t just sit on all of that wealth. They use some of it to dominate the affairs of the nations. The ultra-wealthy own virtually every major bank and every major corporation on the planet. They use a vast network of secret societies, think tanks and charitable organizations to advance their agendas and to keep their members in line. They control how we view the world through their ownership of the media and their dominance over our education system. They fund the campaigns of most of our politicians and they exert a tremendous amount of influence over international organizations such as the United Nations, the IMF, the World Bank and the WTO. When you step back and take a look at the big picture, there is little doubt about who runs the world. It is just that most people don’t want to admit the truth.

The ultra-wealthy don’t run down and put their money in the local bank like you and I do. Instead, they tend to stash their assets in places where they won’t be taxed such as the Cayman Islands. According to a report that was released last summer, the global elite have up to 32 TRILLION dollars stashed in offshore banks around the globe.

U.S. GDP for 2011 was about 15 trillion dollars, and the U.S. national debt is sitting at about 16 trillion dollars, so you could add them both together and you still wouldn’t hit 32 trillion dollars.

And of course that does not even count the money that is stashed in other locations that the study did not account for, and it does not count all of the wealth that the global elite have in hard assets such as real estate, precious metals, art, yachts, etc.

The global elite have really hoarded an incredible amount of wealth in these troubled times. The following is from an article on the Huffington Post website…

Rich individuals and their families have as much as $32 trillion of hidden financial assets in offshore tax havens, representing up to $280 billion in lost income tax revenues, according to research published on Sunday.

The study estimating the extent of global private financial wealth held in offshore accounts – excluding non-financial assets such as real estate, gold, yachts and racehorses – puts the sum at between $21 and $32 trillion.

The research was carried out for pressure group Tax Justice Network, which campaigns against tax havens, by James Henry, former chief economist at consultants McKinsey & Co.

He used data from the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, United Nations and central banks.

But as I mentioned previously, the global elite just don’t have a lot of money. They also basically own just about every major bank and every major corporation on the entire planet.

According to an outstanding NewScientist article, a study of more than 40,000 transnational corporations conducted by the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich discovered that a very small core group of huge banks and giant predator corporations dominate the entire global economic system…

An analysis of the relationships between 43,000 transnational corporations has identified a relatively small group of companies, mainly banks, with disproportionate power over the global economy.

The researchers found that this core group consists of just 147 very tightly knit companies…

When the team further untangled the web of ownership, it found much of it tracked back to a “super-entity” of 147 even more tightly knit companies – all of their ownership was held by other members of the super-entity – that controlled 40 per cent of the total wealth in the network. “In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network,” says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

The following are the top 25 banks and corporations at the heart of this “super-entity”. You will recognize many of the names on the list…

1. Barclays plc
    2. Capital Group Companies Inc
    3. FMR Corporation
    4. AXA
    5. State Street Corporation
    6. JP Morgan Chase & Co
    7. Legal & General Group plc
    8. Vanguard Group Inc
    9. UBS AG
    10. Merrill Lynch & Co Inc
    11. Wellington Management Co LLP
    12. Deutsche Bank AG
    13. Franklin Resources Inc
    14. Credit Suisse Group
    15. Walton Enterprises LLC
    16. Bank of New York Mellon Corp
    17. Natixis
    18. Goldman Sachs Group Inc
    19. T Rowe Price Group Inc
    20. Legg Mason Inc
    21. Morgan Stanley
    22. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc
    23. Northern Trust Corporation
    24. Société Générale
    25. Bank of America Corporation

The ultra-wealthy elite often hide behind layers and layers of ownership, but the truth is that thanks to interlocking corporate relationships, the elite basically control almost every Fortune 500 corporation.

The amount of power and control that this gives them is hard to describe.

Unfortunately, this same group of people have been running things for a very long time. For example, New York City Mayor John F. Hylan said the following during a speech all the way back in 1922…

The real menace of our Republic is the invisible government, which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy legs over our cities, states and nation. To depart from mere generalizations, let me say that at the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as the international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes.

They practically control both parties, write political platforms, make catspaws of party leaders, use the leading men of private organizations, and resort to every device to place in nomination for high public office only such candidates as will be amenable to the dictates of corrupt big business.

These international bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of the newspapers and magazines in this country. They use the columns of these papers to club into submission or drive out of office public officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government. It operates under cover of a self-created screen [and] seizes our executive officers, legislative bodies, schools, courts, newspapers and every agency created for the public protection.

These international bankers created the central banks of the world (including the Federal Reserve), and they use those central banks to get the governments of the world ensnared in endless cycles of debt from which there is no escape. Government debt is a way to “legitimately” take money from all of us, transfer it to the government, and then transfer it into the pockets of the ultra-wealthy.

Today, Barack Obama and almost all members of Congress absolutely refuse to criticize the Fed, but in the past there have been some brave members of Congress that have been willing to take a stand. For example, the following quote is from a speech that Congressman Louis T. McFadden delivered to the U.S. House of Representatives on June 10, 1932…

Mr. Chairman, we have in this country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks. The Federal Reserve Board, a Government board, has cheated the Government of the United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the national debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Federal Reserve Board has cost this country enough money to pay the national debt several times over. This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of the United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through the defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Federal Reserve Board, and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it.

Sadly, most Americans still believe that the Federal Reserve is a “federal agency”, but that is simply not correct. The following comes from factcheck.org…

The stockholders in the 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks are the privately owned banks that fall under the Federal Reserve System. These include all national banks (chartered by the federal government) and those state-chartered banks that wish to join and meet certain requirements. About 38 percent of the nation’s more than 8,000 banks are members of the system, and thus own the Fed banks.

According to researchers that have looked into the ownership of the big Wall Street banks that dominate the Fed, the same names keep coming up over and over: the Rockefellers, the Rothschilds, the Warburgs, the Lazards, the Schiffs and the royal families of Europe.

But ultra-wealthy international bankers have not just done this kind of thing in the United States. Their goal was to create a global financial system that they would dominate and control. Just check out what Georgetown University history professor Carroll Quigley once wrote…

[T]he powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world’s central banks which were themselves private corporations.

Sadly, most Americans have never even heard of the Bank for International Settlements, but it is at the very heart of the global financial system. The following is from Wikipedia…

As an organization of central banks, the BIS seeks to make monetary policy more predictable and transparent among its 58 member central banks. While monetary policy is determined by each sovereign nation, it is subject to central and private banking scrutiny and potentially to speculation that affects foreign exchange rates and especially the fate of export economies. Failures to keep monetary policy in line with reality and make monetary reforms in time, preferably as a simultaneous policy among all 58 member banks and also involving the International Monetary Fund, have historically led to losses in the billions as banks try to maintain a policy using open market methods that have proven to be based on unrealistic assumptions.

The ultra-wealthy have also played a major role in establishing other important international institutions such as the United Nations, the IMF, the World Bank and the WTO. In fact, the land for the United Nations headquarters in New York City was purchased and donated by John D. Rockefeller.

The international bankers are “internationalists” and they are very proud of that fact.

The elite also dominate the education system in the United States. Over the years, the Rockefeller Foundation and other elitist organizations have poured massive amounts of money into Ivy League schools. Today, Ivy League schools are considered to be the standard against which all other colleges and universities in America are measured, and the last four U.S. presidents were educated at Ivy League schools.

The elite also exert a tremendous amount of influence through various secret societies (Skull and Bones, the Freemasons, etc.), through some very powerful think tanks and social clubs (the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderberg Group, the Bohemian Grove, Chatham House, etc.), and through a vast network of charities and non-governmental organizations (the Rockefeller Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the World Wildlife Fund, etc.).

But for a moment, I want to focus on the power the elite have over the media. In a previous article, I detailed how just six monolithic corporate giants control most of what we watch, hear and read every single day. These giant corporations own television networks, cable channels, movie studios, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, music labels and even many of our favorite websites.

Considering the fact that the average American watches 153 hours of television a month, the influence of these six giant corporations should not be underestimated. The following are just some of the media companies that these corporate giants own…

Time Warner

Home Box Office (HBO)
    Time Inc.
    Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
    Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
    CW Network (partial ownership)
    TMZ
    New Line Cinema
    Time Warner Cable
    Cinemax
    Cartoon Network
    TBS
    TNT
    America Online
    MapQuest
    Moviefone
    Castle Rock
    Sports Illustrated
    Fortune
    Marie Claire
    People Magazine

Walt Disney

ABC Television Network
    Disney Publishing
    ESPN Inc.
    Disney Channel
    SOAPnet
    A&E
    Lifetime
    Buena Vista Home Entertainment
    Buena Vista Theatrical Productions
    Buena Vista Records
    Disney Records
    Hollywood Records
    Miramax Films
    Touchstone Pictures
    Walt Disney Pictures
    Pixar Animation Studios
    Buena Vista Games
    Hyperion Books

Viacom

Paramount Pictures
    Paramount Home Entertainment
    Black Entertainment Television (BET)
    Comedy Central
    Country Music Television (CMT)
    Logo
    MTV
    MTV Canada
    MTV2
    Nick Magazine
    Nick at Nite
    Nick Jr.
    Nickelodeon
    Noggin
    Spike TV
    The Movie Channel
    TV Land
    VH1

News Corporation

Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
    Fox Television Stations
    The New York Post
    Fox Searchlight Pictures
    Beliefnet
    Fox Business Network
    Fox Kids Europe
    Fox News Channel
    Fox Sports Net
    Fox Television Network
    FX
    My Network TV
    MySpace
    News Limited News
    Phoenix InfoNews Channel
    Phoenix Movies Channel
    Sky PerfecTV
    Speed Channel
    STAR TV India
    STAR TV Taiwan
    STAR World
    Times Higher Education Supplement Magazine
    Times Literary Supplement Magazine
    Times of London
    20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
    20th Century Fox International
    20th Century Fox Studios
    20th Century Fox Television
    BSkyB
    DIRECTV
    The Wall Street Journal
    Fox Broadcasting Company
    Fox Interactive Media
    FOXTEL
    HarperCollins Publishers
    The National Geographic Channel
    National Rugby League
    News Interactive
    News Outdoor
    Radio Veronica
    ReganBooks
    Sky Italia
    Sky Radio Denmark
    Sky Radio Germany
    Sky Radio Netherlands
    STAR
    Zondervan

CBS Corporation

CBS News
    CBS Sports
    CBS Television Network
    CNET
    Showtime
    TV.com
    CBS Radio Inc. (130 stations)
    CBS Consumer Products
    CBS Outdoor
    CW Network (50% ownership)
    Infinity Broadcasting
    Simon & Schuster (Pocket Books, Scribner)
    Westwood One Radio Network

NBC Universal

Bravo
    CNBC
    NBC News
    MSNBC
    NBC Sports
    NBC Television Network
    Oxygen
    SciFi Magazine
    Syfy (Sci Fi Channel)
    Telemundo
    USA Network
    Weather Channel
    Focus Features
    NBC Universal Television Distribution
    NBC Universal Television Studio
    Paxson Communications (partial ownership)
    Trio
    Universal Parks & Resorts
    Universal Pictures
    Universal Studio Home Video

And of course the elite own most of our politicians as well. The following is a quote from journalist Lewis Lapham…

“The shaping of the will of Congress and the choosing of the American president has become a privilege reserved to the country’s equestrian classes, a.k.a. the 20% of the population that holds 93% of the wealth, the happy few who run the corporations and the banks, own and operate the news and entertainment media, compose the laws and govern the universities, control the philanthropic foundations, the policy institutes, the casinos, and the sports arenas.”

Have you ever wondered why things never seem to change in Washington D.C. no matter who we vote for?

Well, it is because both parties are owned by the establishment.

It would be nice to think that the American people are in control of who runs things in the U.S., but that is not how it works in the real world.

In the real world, the politician that raises more money wins more than 80 percent of the time in national races.

Our politicians are not stupid – they are going to be very good to the people that can give them the giant piles of money that they need for their campaigns. And the people that can do that are the ultra-wealthy and the giant corporations that the ultra-wealthy control.

Are you starting to get the picture?

There is a reason why the ultra-wealthy are referred to as “the establishment”. They have set up a system that greatly benefits them and that allows them to pull the strings.

So who runs the world?

They do. In fact, they even admit as much.

David Rockefeller wrote the following in his 2003 book entitled “Memoirs”…

“For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as ‘internationalists’ and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure — one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.”

There is so much more that could be said about all of this. In fact, an entire library of books could be written about the power and the influence of the ultra-wealthy international bankers that run the world.

But hopefully this is enough to at least get some conversations started.

So what do you think about all of this? Please feel free to post a comment with your thoughts below…

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:34 pm

President John F. Kennedy's Speech on Secret Societies
[ flash ]

The very word “secrecy” is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings… Our way of life is under attack. Those who make themselves our enemy are advancing around the globe… no war ever posed a greater threat to our security. If you are awaiting a finding of “clear and present danger,” then I can only say that the danger has never been more clear and its presence has never been more imminent… For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence–on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations. Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.” — John F Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, from a speech delivered to the American Newspaper Publishers Association on April 27, 1961 and known as the “Secret Society” speech.

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Superior Court Judges Served Demand to Disqualify All Judges

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:48 pm

California Superior Court Judges Served with Demand to Disqualify All Judges
Lawless America
MAGAZINE, RADIO, TV, MOTION PICTURES
Wednesday, 09 November 2011 18:57 William M. Windsor

California Superior Court Judges have been served with a demand to disqualify all judges for conflicts with financial institutions.

On October 11, 2011, the Trustees of The People's Republic Trust of the State of California, accompanied by the Trustees of the National Public Trust 1776, duly disqualified all of the judges of the state of California from hearing any cases involving banks, bank instruments and bank collections due to the corruption of The People's public officers by banks in order to validate their fraud.

The National Trustees provided technical and legal expertise in dealing with the People's Public Officers during service of disqualification on the California Attorney General and Governor Jerry Brown.

That expertise was well needed when Governor Brown's office reviewed the contents of the disqualifications and then ordered Kevin Wilson, its legal officer, not to accept a service.

However, service was duly made on the Governor when William Robinson finally accepted the copies. Until the corruption is fully dealt with, it is expected that the People's Public Officers will flat out refuse to perform their duties and obligations to serve and protect The People.

Superior Courts of Los Angeles Served!!!
[ flash ]

The disqualification in California follows on the heals of the disqualification of all the judges of the State of Washington late last month. All the states in the country are scheduled to follow suit.

Solutions for the corrupted money, political and legal systems were peacefully engaged by the Trustees beginning January 2010. In March 2011, the World Bank System ownership, at N.M. Rothchilds and Sons, et al, were given final notice, proof of demands, and opportunity to correct the corrupt money system and withdraw infiltration of The People's governments demand for them to do the right thing now.

They have been incapable or unwilling to do so. The Trustees are required to do the right thing now. They are thoroughly cleaning America's house from Main Street to Wall Street to Capitol Hill.

After due consideration and investigation, the Trustees deemed the single greatest danger to all The People of the World is the corrupt money system.

The trustees spent the last year refining their solutions and their mechanisms for honest, transparent, and responsible money, political and legal systems. With full personal responsibility, the Trustees shall make continual press releases detailing the orderly transfer to virtuous systems starting with the tourniquet of the abuse of the People's judicial systems validating the fraud perpetrated by the corrupt banking system.

The disqualification documents now being served on the States Chief Enforcement Officers require them to: 1. Disqualify every sitting judge in the state who receives a benefit, of any kind, from banks, bank products or services in retirement funds, in particular mortgage-backed securities; 2. To implement a system to correct current judicial wrongdoing; and 3. Create a system to review and correct past judicially infirm takings of the Peoples properties and homes.

A full set of Public documents are posted for public viewing and can be found at www.peoplestrust1776.org

For further inquiry contact:

National Trustee Spokepersons of The People's Public Trust, beginning 1776:

Charles C. Miller — (253) 326-1010 — and <Charlie@PeoplesTrust1776.org>.

Heather Ann Tucci-Jarraf — (253) 509-4597 — and <Heather@PeoplesTrust 1776.org>.

Trustee Spokspersons of The People's Public Trust of California, beginning 1849:

Donald Westover — (949) 690-2042 and < goodpeoplestrust@gmail.com>.

Susan Daya Hamwi (310) 210-7550 and < ourpublictrust@gmail.com>.
www.occupylosangeles.org

www.facebook.com/1776Coalition

http://www.elreporterosf.com/editions/?q=node/5969Attribution: http://www.elreporterosf.com/editions/?q=node/5969
I, William M. Windsor, am not an attorney. This website expresses my OPINIONS. The comments of visitors to the website are their opinions and do not therefore reflect my opinions. This website does not provide legal advice. I do not give legal advice. I do not practice law. This website is to expose corruption in government, law enforcement, and the judiciary. Whatever this website says about the law is presented in the context of how I or others perceive the applicability of the law to a set of circumstances if I (or some other author) was in the circumstances under the conditions discussed. Despite of my concerns about lawyers in general, I suggest that anyone with legal questions consult an attorney for an answer, particularly after reading anything on this website. The law is a gray area at best. Please read our Legal Notice and Terms. Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 November 2011 22:25
Lawless America

UPDATE ----Introduction to Congress from Bill Windsor - Founder of Lawless America
ImageWednesday, 30 January 2013 22:06
William M. Windsor
Members of the U.S. Congress:

Can 750 Nobodies save America?

On February 5, 2013, victims from all across America will be presenting overwhelming evidence of judicial corruption and government corruption to the United States Congress. This interactive disc contains links to this evidence. You will never be asked to review anything that is more important to America!

For 217 days, I traveled over 30,000 miles filming victims of judicial and government corruption. I drove to DC and to the capitals of each of the 48 states in the continental United States. Then I hopped on an airplane. I filmed people from every state, people who have been harmed by judicial corruption and government corruption.

Upon compiling over 1,000 hours of video testimonials from over 750 ordinary citizens from all across the United States, the Lawless America project provides overwhelming evidence that the Constitution and laws written by the Legislative Branch are being disregarded by the Judicial Branch of government. This rampant disregard for the laws is captured in the video testimonials from every state in the nation. READ MORE HERE

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

The Money System and How to Change It

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:36 pm

The Money System and How to Change It
[ flash ]
Published on Mar 11, 2013
SHOW NOTES: http://www.corbettreport.com/?p=7062

James Corbett joins Charlie McGrath of Wide Awake News to discuss the latest on the worldwide economic collapse. They talk about the monetary system at the root of the problem and the complementary currencies that will be an integral part of the real solution.
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

The Confiscation of Bank Savings to “Save the Banks”“Bail-In

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 am

The Confiscation of Bank Savings to “Save the Banks”: The Diabolical Bank “Bail-In” Proposal
By Prof Michel Chossudovsky
Global Research, April 02, 2013
Region: Europe,USA
Theme: Global Economy
Is the Cyprus Bank “Bail-in” a “dress rehearsal” for things to come?

Is a “Savings Heist” in the European Union and North America envisaged which could result in the outright confiscation of bank deposits?

In Cyprus, the entire payments system has been disrupted leading to the demise of the real economy.

Pensions and wages are no longer paid. Purchasing power has collapsed.

The population is impoverished.

Small and medium sized enterprises are spearheaded into bankruptcy.

Cyprus is a country with a population of one million.

What would happen if similar ‘hair cut” procedures were to be applied in the U.S. or the European Union?

According to the Washington based Institute of International Finance (IIF) (right) which represents the consensus of the global financial establishment, “the Cyprus approach of hitting depositors and creditors when banks fail, would likely become a model for dealing with collapses elsewhere in Europe.” (Economic Times, March 27, 2013).

It should be understood that prior to the Cyprus onslaught, the confiscation of bank deposits had been contemplated in several countries. Moreover, the powerful financial actors who triggered the bank crisis in Cyprus, are also the architects of the socially devastating austerity measures imposed in the European Union and North America.

Does Cyprus constitute a “model” or scenario?

Are there “lessons to be learned” by these powerful financial actors, to be applied elsewhere, at some later stage, in the Eurozone’s banking landscape?

According to the Institute of International Finance (IIF), “hitting depositors” could become the “new normal” of this diabolical project, serving the interests of the global financial conglomerates.

This new normal is endorsed by the IMF and the European Central Bank. According to the IIF which constitutes the banking elites mouthpiece, “Investors would be well advised to see the outcome of Cyprus… as a reflection of how future stresses will be handled.” (quoted in Economic Times, March 27, 2013)

“Financial Cleansing”. Bail-ins in the US and Britain

What is at stake is a process of “financial cleansing” whereby the “too big to fail banks” in Europe and North America (e.g. Citi, JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, et al ) displace and destroy lesser financial institutions, with a view to eventually taking over the entire “banking landscape”.

The underlying tendency at the national and global levels is towards the centralization and concentration of bank power, while leading to the dramatic slump of the real economy.

Bail ins have been envisaged in numerous countries. In New Zealand a “haircut plan” was envisaged as early as 1997 coinciding with Asian financial crisis.

There are provisions in both the UK and the US pertaining to the confiscation of bank deposits. In a joint document of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Bank of England, entitled Resolving Globally Active, Systemically Important, Financial Institutions, explicit procedures were put forth whereby “the original creditors of the failed company “, meaning the depositors of a failed bank, would be converted into “equity”. (See Ellen Brown, It Can Happen Here: The Bank Confiscation Scheme for US and UK Depositors,Global Research, March 2013)

What this means is that the money confiscated from bank accounts would be used to meet the failed bank’s financial obligations. In return, the holders of the confiscated bank deposits would become stockholders in a failed financial institution on the verge of bankruptcy.

Bank savings would be transformed overnight into an illusive concept of capital ownership. The confiscation of savings would be adopted under the disguise of a bogus “compensation” in terms of equity.

What is envisaged is the application of a selective process of confiscation of bank deposits, with a view to collecting debt while also triggering the demise of “weaker” financial institutions. In the US, the procedure would bypass the provisions of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) which insures deposit holders against bank failures:

No exception is indicated for “insured deposits” in the U.S., meaning those under $250,000, the deposits we thought were protected by FDIC insurance. This can hardly be an oversight, since it is the FDIC that is issuing the directive. The FDIC is an insurance company funded by premiums paid by private banks. The directive is called a “resolution process,” defined elsewhere as a plan that “would be triggered in the event of the failure of an insurer . . . .” The only mention of “insured deposits” is in connection with existing UK legislation, which the FDIC-BOE directive goes on to say is inadequate, implying that it needs to be modified or overridden. (Ibid)

Because depositors are provided with a bogus compensation, they are not eligible to the FDIC deposit insurance.

Canada’s Deposit Confiscation Proposal

The most candid statement of confiscation of bank deposits as a means to “saving the banks” is formulated in a recently released document of the Canadian government entitled “Jobs, Growth and Long Term Prosperity: Economic Action Plan 2013″.

The latter was submitted to the House of Commons by Canada’s Minister of Finance Jim Flaherty on March 21 as part of a so-called “pre-budget” proposal.

A short section of the 400 report entitled “Risk Management Framework for Domestic Systemically Important Banks” identifies bail-in procedure for Canada’s chartered banks. The word confiscation is not mentioned. Financial jargon serves to obfuscate the real intent which essentially consists in stealing people’s savings.

Under the Canadian “Risk Management” project:

The Government proposes to implement a ‘bail-in’ regime for systemically important banks.

This regime will be designed to ensure that, in the unlikely event that a systemically important bank depletes its capital, the bank can be recapitalized and returned to viability through the very rapid conversion of certain bank liabilities into regulatory capital.”

This will reduce risks for taxpayers. The Government will consult stakeholders on how best to implement a bail-in regime in Canada.
[/list]

What this signifies is that if one or more banks (or credit unions) were obliged to “systemically deplete their capital” to meet the demands of their creditors, the banks would be recapitalized through “the conversion of certain bank liabilities into regulatory capital.”

The “certain bank liabilities” pertains (in technical jargon) to the money they owe their customers, namely to their depositors, whose bank accounts would be confiscated in exchange for shares (equity) in a “failing” banking institution.

“This will reduce risks for taxpayers” is a nonsensical statement. What this really means is that the government will not provide funding to compensate depositors who are victims of a failed banking institution, nor will it come to rescue of the failed institution.

Instead the depositors will be obliged to give up their savings. The money confiscated will then be used by the bank to meet their liabilities contracted with major financial creditor institutions. In other words, this entire scheme is “a safety net” for too big to fail banks, a mechanism which enables them as creditors to overshadow lesser banking institutions including credit unions, while precipitating either their collapse or their takeover.

Canada’s Financial Landscape

The Risk Management Bail in initiative is of crucial significance for Canadians across the land: once it is adopted by the House of Commons as part of the budget package, the Bail-in procedures could be applied.

The Conservative government has a parliamentary majority. There is a good likelihood that the "Economic Action Plan 2013″ which includes the Bail-in procedure will be adopted.

While Canada’s Risk Management Framework intimates that Canada’s banks “are at risk”, particularly those which have accumulated large debts (as a result of derivative losses), a generalised across the board application of the “Bail in” is not contemplated.

The likely scenario in the foreseeable future is that Canada’s “big five” banks, Royal Bank of Canada, TD Canada Trust, Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal and CIBC (all of which have powerful affiliates operating in the US financial landscape) will consolidate their position at the expense of lesser (provincial level) banks and financial institutions.

The Government document intimates that the Bail-in could be used selectively “in the unlikely event that one [bank] becomes non-viable.” What this suggests is that at least one or more of Canada’s “lesser banks” could be the object of a bail-in. Such a procedure would inevitably lead to a greater concentration of bank capital in Canada, to the benefit of the larger financial conglomerates.

Displacement of Provincial Level Credit Unions and Cooperative Banks

There is an important network of over 300 provincial level credit unions and cooperative banks including the powerful Desjardins network in Quebec, the Vancouver City Savings Credit Union (Vancity) and the Coastal Capital Savings in British Columbia, Servus in Alberta, Meridian in Ontario, the caisses populaires in Ontario (affiliated to Desjardins), among many others, which could be the target of selective “Bail-in” operations.

In this context, what is likely to occur is a significant weakening of provincial level cooperative financial institutions, which have a governance relationship to their members (including representative councils) and which, in the present context, offer an alternative to the Big Five chartered banks. According to recent data, there are more than 300 credit unions and caisses populaires in Canada which are members of the “Credit Union Central of Canada”.

New Normal: International Standards Governing the Confiscation of Bank Deposits

"Canada’s Economic Action Plan 2013″ acknowledges that the proposed Bail-in framework “will be consistent with reforms in other countries and key international standards”. Namely, the proposed pattern of confiscating bank deposits as described in the Canadian government document is consistent with the model contemplated in the US and the European Union. This model is currently a “talking point” (behind closed doors) at various international venues regrouping central bank governors and finance ministers.

The regulatory agency involved in these multilateral consultations is the Financial Stability Board (FSB) based in Basel, Switzerland and hosted by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) (image right). The FSB happens to be chaired by the governor of the Bank of Canada, Mark Carney, who was recently appointed by the British government to head the Bank of England starting in June 2013.

Mark Carney, as Governor of the Bank of Canada, was instrumental in shaping the provisions of the Bail-in for Canada’s chartered banks. Before his career in central banking, he was a senior executive at Goldman Sachs, which has played a behind the scenes role in the implementation of the bank bailouts and austerity measures in the EU.

The FSB’s mandate would be to coordinate the bail-in procedures, in liaison with the “national financial authorities” and “international standard setting bodies” which include the IMF and the BIS. It should come as no surprise: the deposit confiscation procedures in the UK, the US and Canada examined above are remarkably similar.

Bank “Bail-ins” vs. Bank “Bail-outs”

The bailouts are “rescue packages” whereby the government allocates a significant portion of State revenues in favor of failed financial institutions. The money is channeled from the coffers of the State to the banking conglomerates.

In the US in 2008-2009, a total of $1.45 trillion was channeled to Wall Street financial institutions as part of the Bush and Obama rescue packages.

These bailouts were considered as a De facto government expenditure category. They required the implementation of austerity measures. Together with massive hikes in military expenditure, the bailouts were financed through drastic cuts in social programs including Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

In contrast to the Bailout, which is funded from the public purse, the “Bail-in” requires the (in-house) confiscation of bank deposits. The bail-ins are implemented without the use of public funds. The regulatory mechanism is established by the central bank.

At the outset of Obama’s first term in January 2009, a bank bailout of the order of $750 billion was announced by Obama, which was added on to the 700 billion dollar bailout money allocated by the outgoing Bush administration under the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP).

The total of both programs was a staggering 1.45 trillion dollars to be financed by the US Treasury. (It should be understood that the actual amount of cash financial “aid” to the banks was significantly larger than $1.45 trillion. In addition to this amount defence allocations to fund Obama’s war economy (FY 2010) was a staggering $739 billion. Namely the bank bailouts plus defence combined ($2189 billion) eat up almost the totality of the federal revenues which in FY 2010 amounted to $2381 billion.

Concluding remarks

What is occurring is that the bank bailouts are no longer functional. At the outset of Obama’s Second term, the coffers of the state are empty. The austerity measures have reached a deadlock.

The bank bail-ins are now being contemplated instead of the “bank bailouts”.

The lower and middle income groups which are invariably indebted will not be the main target. The appropriation of bank deposits would essentially target the upper middle and upper income groups which have significant bank deposits. The second target will be the bank accounts of small and medium sized firms.

This transition is part of the evolution of the global economic crisis and the impasse underlying the application of the austerity measures.

The purpose of the global financial actors is to wipe out competitors, consolidate and centralize bank power and exert an overriding control over the real economy, the institutions of government and the military.

Even if the bail-ins were to be regulated and applied selectively to a limited number of failing financial institutions, credit unions, etc, the announcement of a program of confiscation of deposits could potentially lead to a generalized “run on the banks”. In this context, no banking institution would be regarded as safe.

The application of Bail-in procedures involving deposit confiscation (even when applied locally or selectively) would create financial havoc. It would interrupt the payments process. Wages would no longer be paid. Purchasing power would collapse. Money for investment in plant and equipment would no longer be forthcoming. Small and medium sized businesses would be precipitated into bankruptcy.

The application of a Bail-In in the EU or North America would initiate a new phase of the global financial crisis, a deepening of the economic depression, a greater centralization of banking and finance, increased concentration of corporate power in the real economy to the detriment of regional and local level enterprises.

In turn, an entire global banking network characterized by electronic transactions (which govern deposits, withdrawals, etc), –not to mention money transactions on the stock and commodity markets– could potentially be the object of significant disruptions of a systemic nature.

The social consequences would be devastating. The real economy would plummet as a result of the collapse in the payments system.

The potential disruptions in the functioning of an integrated global monetary system could result in a a renewed global economic meltdown as well as a drop off in international commodity trade.

It is important that people across the land, in the European Union and North America, nationally and internationally, forcefully act against the diabolical ploys of their governments –acting on behalf of dominant financial interests– to implement a selective process of bank deposit confiscation.

Image ORDER DIRECTLY FROM GLOBAL RESEARCH
The Global Economic Crisis: The Great Depression of the XXI Century

Michel Chossudovsky and Andrew Gavin Marshall, Editors$16.00 Save 38%

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:04 am

U.S. Government Preparing for Collapse (and Not in a Nice Way)
[ flash ]
Published on Mar 13, 2013
The Economy isn't going to recover. The government knows this and is getting ready, but in ways that are very disturbing.
Follow us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/StormCloudsGathering
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/collapseupdates
Donate: http://StormCloudsGathering.com/donate
Visit our website: http://StormCloudsGathering.com
Get weekly email updates: http://tinyurl.com/naturalrightsnewsl...

One of the massive purchase orders for hollow points and buckshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvs3ajoz5s...

Unfunded liabilities
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001...

Leaked Document: Government setting up military detention centers for Activists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfkZ1y...

The document itself: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvs3ajoz5s...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/a...

Why a dollar and Euro Collapse is Guaranteed: http://stormcloudsgathering.com/why-d...
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

US Dollar Collapse Underway

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:32 am

US Dollar Collapse Underway
[ flash ]
Published on Jul 16, 2012
U.S. Dollar in crisis as major countries around the world step away from the dollar, threatening its global reserve currency status. This is a special report of Money Matters. July 16, 2012
ALERT: money-insights.com has been taken down for job reasons. Also please note that I miss spoke when I said "Some countries such as Africa." Correction: "some countries in Africa", since Africa is a continent. Sorry about that.
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

$9,000,000,000,000 MISSING From The Federal Reserve SHOCKING

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:53 am

$9,000,000,000,000 MISSING From The Federal Reserve SHOCKING FOOTAGE
[ flash ]
Published on May 13, 2012
Rep. Alan Grayson questions the FED inspector General where $9 TRillion dollars went... and Inspector General Elizabeth Coleman hasn't a clue...Dunno whether to laugh or cry - I am still getting over the shock and have watched 4 times - LISTEN carefully to what she says - THEY HAVE NO JURISTRICTION to investigate the fed!!! Only their programs?? OK the world has been fooled long enough ENOUGH ENOUGH!!! Get the hell outa paper money people and if you buy gold and silver - get the real stuff not paper gold etc. This is pure evil!
I am not sure exactly when this took place - anyone have any idea when this was?
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

$16 Trillion U.S. DEBT - A Visual Perspective

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:27 am

$16 Trillion U.S. DEBT - A Visual Perspective

[ flash ]

Uploaded on Aug 22, 2011
A look into how much hard cash the US government owes and the fiscal mess the United States is in. The national debt explained.
RATE, SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE!!!

demonocracy.info
usdebtclock.org

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:49 am

Global Systemic Economic Crisis: Devastating Financial Explosion and Social Outburst on a Worldwide Scale
ImageImageImage
By Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin (GEAB)
Global Research, Article June 17, 2013
Global Europe Anticipation Bulletin (GEAB N°76)

The 2008 shock was certainly violent, but the reactions of the system, countries and central banks with their bailouts on an unprecedented scale, managed to hide the worst consequences: downgrading of the West in general and the United States in particular, a forced cleanup of the economy, a heavy fall from an artificial standard of living, mass unemployment, the beginning of social unrest… have been able to be partly neglected in favour of recovery hopes kept alive by irresponsible policies diverting liquidity to the banking systems and stock exchanges.

Sadly, whilst the world drugged itself, global issues weren’t addressed… five lost years: the building is even less strong than before the crisis; the US “solution” orchestrated by the Fed, that everyone else left it to manage to take the time to dress their own wounds, has been to put out with gasoline the fire which they themselves lit. It’s not surprising then that it is still the US, pillar of the world before, refusing to fall in line, with their faithful Japanese and British floats, which is once again igniting the world situation. And this time, we shouldn’t rely on bankrupt countries to save the situation: they are on their knees following the first shock in 2008.

Therefore, it’s actually a second world crisis which is looming, once again caused by the United States. Ultimately this five-year period will have been nothing other than taking a step back to enter into an even bigger crisis, which we have called “the crisis squared”.

Layout of the full article:

1. A situation which is now out of control
    2. A second US crisis
    3. The impacts of the second shock
    4. Different players’ strategies
    5. Failure of international institutions
    6. Urgent recommendations

This public announcement contains sections 1 and 2

A situation which is now out of control

The illusions which have still blinded the last remaining optimists are in the process of dissipating. In previous GEAB issues we have already laid out the world economy’s grim picture. Since then the situation has got worse. The Chinese economy confirms its slowdown (1) as well as Australia (2), emerging countries’ currencies are disconnecting (3), bond interest rates are rising, UK salaries are continuing to fall (4), riots are affecting Turkey and even peaceful Sweden (5), the Eurozone is still in recession (6), the news filtering out of the United States is no longer cheerful (7)…Nervousness is now clearly palpable on all financial markets where the question is no longer knowing when the next record will be but succeeding in getting out soon enough before the stampede. The Nikkei has fallen more than 20% in three weeks during which there have been three sessions with losses exceeding 5%. So, the contagion has now reached the “standard” indices such as the stock exchanges, interest rates, and currency exchange rates… the last bastions still controlled by the central banks and, therefore, totally distorted as our team has repeatedly explained.

Nikkei 225 Index, 02/11/2012-13/06/2013. The dizzy rise is due to the BoJ’s plan, the dizzy fall to current uncertainties Source : Les Échos.
In Japan this situation is the result of the over-the-top sized quantitative easing programme undertaken by the central bank. The Yen’s fall has brought about strong inflation in the price of imported goods (particularly oil). The huge swings in the Japanese stock exchange and currency is destabilising the whole of global finance. But the implementation of the Bank of Japan’s programme is so new that its effects are still much less pronounced than those of the Fed’s quantitative easing. It’s primarily the Fed which is responsible for all the current bubbles: real estate in the United States (8), stock exchange record highs, bubbles in and destabilisation of emerging countries (9), etc.It’s also thanks to it, or rather because of it, that the virtual economy has got going again with even greater intensity and that the necessary balancing hasn’t taken place. The same methods are producing the same effects (10), an increased virtualisation of the economy is leading us to a second crisis in five years, for which the United States is once again responsible. The central banks can’t hold the global economy together indefinitely; at the moment they are losing control.

A second US crisis

If the months of April-May, with a great deal of media hype, seem to agree with the US-UK-Japanese method of monetary easing (to put it mildly) against the Euroland method of reasoned austerity, for several weeks now the champions of all-finance have had a little more difficulty in claiming victory. The IMF, terrified by the global impact of the economic slowdown in Europe, doesn’t know what else to come up with to force Europeans to continue spending and make deficits explode again: even empty boutique World must continue to give the impression that it’s still in business, and Europe isn’t playing the game.But the toxic effects of central bank operations in Japan, the United States and the United Kingdom now demolish the argument (or rather propaganda) touting the success of the “other method”, supposed to allow recovery in Japan, the US and the United Kingdom (incidentally, the latter has never even been mentioned).

The currently developing second crisis could have been avoided if the world had taken note that the United States, structurally incapable of reforming itself, was unable to implement other methods than those which had led to the 2008 crisis. Like the irresponsible “too big to fail” banks, the “systemically” irresponsible countries should have been placed under supervision from 2009 as suggested from the GEAB n° 28 (October 2008). Unfortunately the institutions of global governance have proved to be completely ineffective and powerless in managing the crisis. Only regional good sense has been able to put it in place; the international arena producing nothing, everyone began to settle their problems in their part of the world.

The other crucial reform advocated (11) since 2009 by the LEAP/E2020 team focused on taking a completely new look at the international monetary system. In 40 years of US trade imbalances and the volatility of its currency, the dollar as the pillar of the international monetary system has been the carrier of all the United States’ colds to the rest of the world, and this destabilising pillar is now at the heart of the global problem because the United States is no longer suffering from a cold but bubonic plague.

Absent having reformed the international monetary system in 2009, a second crisis is coming. With it comes a new window of opportunity to reform the international monetary system at the G20 in September (12) and one almost hopes that the shock happens by then to force an agreement on this subject, otherwise the summit risks taking place too soon to gain everyone’s support.

Notes:

(1) Source: The New York Times, 08/06/2013.

(2) Source: The Sydney Morning Herald, 05/06/2013. Read also Mish’s Global Economic, 10/06/2013.

(3) Source: CNBC, 12/06/2013.

(4) Source: The Guardian, 12/06/2013.

(5) Read Sweden’s riots, a blazing surprise, The Economist, 01/06/2013.

(6) Source: BBC News, 06/06/2013.

(7) Read Economic dominos falling one by one, MarketWatch, 12/06/2013.

(8) A bubble in current market conditions; normally this would be considered a thrill. Market Oracle, 10/06/2013.

(9) On the consequences of worldwide QE in India: Reuters, 13/06/2013.

(10) The return of financial products at the origin of the 2008 crisis is not insignificant. Source : Le Monde, 11/06/2013.

(11) Cf. GEAB n°29, November 2008.

(12) Source: Ria Novosti, 14/06/2013.

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Re: Planetary Crises - U.S. Trying to Push Back a Dollar Blo

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 am

center]Image
U.S. Trying to Push Back a Dollar Blowup

[ flash ]
Image[/center]
Published on Jul 7, 2013
Economist Dr. Paul Craig Roberts says the U.S. is trying to gain global support for the U.S. dollar through trade deals. Not every country thinks the U.S. will be successful in saving the dollar. Dr. Roberts points out, "China is importing a tremendous amount of gold. They seem to not have much confidence in the longevity of American plans." Even so, a dollar crash might be pushed back. Dr. Roberts contends, "They can put that off for a long time if these various schemes work." And if they don't work? Roberts says, "Well, there's going to be a big blowup. I think there will be a big blowup anyhow." Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with former Assistant Treasury Secretary Dr. Paul Craig Roberts.

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:06 am

Wealth of World’s Billionaires Doubles Since 2009
ImageImageImage
By Andre Damon
Global Research, November 11, 2013
World Socialist Web Site
Theme: Global Economy

Even as workers in the US and other countries have seen their incomes plummet, the combined net worth of the world’s billionaires has doubled since 2009, according to a report published Tuesday by UBS and Wealth-X, a consultancy that tracks super-rich individuals.

The collective wealth of the world’s billionaires hit $6.5 trillion, a figure that is nearly as large as the gross domestic product of China, the world’s second-largest economy. The number of billionaires has grown to 2,170 in 2013, up from 1,360 in 2009, according to the report.

The vast enrichment of this social layer has been driven by surging stock markets, fueled by the “easy money” and money-printing operations of the US Federal Reserve and other central banks. This process is intensifying. Last week the European Central Bank, responding to a deterioration of economic conditions in Europe, cut its benchmark interest rate in half, from 0.5 to 0.25 percent, sending a new wave of cash into financial markets.

The day after Wealth-X released its report, Twitter, the social networking service, held its initial public offering, creating 1,600 paper millionaires in a single day, as its stock doubled within hours, according to the financial analysis firm PrivCo. The site’s co-founder, Evan Williams, increased his wealth by $1 billion in the process, to $2.5 billion. Fellow co-founder Jack Dorsey made $500 million, bringing his wealth to $2 billion.

The wealth report reflects the parasitic growth of the financial sector throughout the world economy. Seventeen percent of billionaires got their wealth from the finance, banking, and investment sectors, more than any other, while only eight percent are associated with manufacturing.

The vast expansion in the incomes of the super-rich comes even as social services are being slashed in the US, Europe and throughout the world. Earlier this month, food stamp benefits were reduced for the first time in US history, and extended unemployment benefits are scheduled to expire entirely at the end of the year.

The budget for the SNAP food stamp program is currently $74.6 billion a year, and funding the extended unemployment benefit extension, scheduled to expire in January, for one year would cost $25.2 billion. The combined net worth of the 515 billionaires in the US would pay for the food stamp and extended unemployment benefit program for an entire century.

In addition to analyzing the wealth of the world’s billionaires, the report documents the vast sums expended by the world’s billionaires on luxury items. The world’s billionaires hold about $126 billion in yachts, private jets, art, antiques, fashion, jewelry, and collectable cars. This figure is larger than the gross domestic product of Bangladesh, a country of 150 million people.

The world’s 2,170 billionaires own $48 billion in yachts, or an average of $22 million each. To put this figure in perspective, the United Nations has estimated that ending global hunger would take an investment of $30 billion per year.

The report estimated the real estate holdings of the world’s billionaires at $169 billion, averaging $78 million per individual. As the report noted, “The average billionaire owns four homes, with each one worth nearly US$20 million.”

The report added, “Time and space are rarely boundaries for the world’s billionaires, many of whom have a private jet or two, a super yacht and other comfortable and speedy modes of transport, not to mention several homes dotted around the globe.”

Despite their mobility, the world’s billionaires are congregated around major financial cities such as New York City, which has 96 billionaires, followed by Hong Kong with 75, Moscow with 74, and London with 67. If the wealth of New York City’s billionaires were divided up among the city’s 1.7 million poor residents, they would each get $170,000.

This social layer exists as an enormous drain on world society, producing nothing of value, but monopolizing vast resources. Not only are vast social resources devoted to their personal enrichment, but their domination over economic and political life acts as a block to any rational solution to the great problems confronting mankind. The super-rich control all aspects of political life throughout the world, with disastrous consequences.

This state of affairs is the inevitable outcome of the capitalist system, which treats the wealth of the world’s billionaires as sacrosanct, and the needs of the population, such as education, housing, healthcare, as expendable.

Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Derivatives are Destroying the Real Economy

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:07 am

Derivatives are Destroying the Real Economy
[ flash ]
GlobalResearchTV

Published on Nov 11, 2013
Press TV has conducted an interview with Professor Michel Chossudovsky, economic analyst and researcher with the Centre for Research on Globalization in Montreal about the issue of the widening gap between the richest in society and the poorest globally.

According to Chossudovsky:

"It is not production and trade, which is the source of enrichment; it is manipulation and fraud at a global stage. We're dealing with institutionalized theft, which is embedded in the financial system. It is not what we might describe as capital accumulation from a productive process, nor is it through work performed by these wealthy people."

The following is an approximate transcript of the interview.

Press TV: That is a staggering difference as far as a percentage, a very small percentage basically controlling the majority of the wealth in the world and they continue to get richer.

What do you attribute this, what seems to be a vast difference between the haves and the have-nots in this world?

Chossudovsky: I think we have to focus on the sources of this enrichment. It is not production and trade, which is the source of enrichment; it is manipulation and fraud at a global stage.

In other words, we're dealing with institutionalized theft, which is embedded in the financial system; it is not what we might describe as capital accumulation from a productive process, nor is it through work performed by these wealthy people.

It is through displacement and destruction of the real economy where small and medium-sized enterprises are driven into bankruptcy. In other words, what I'm saying is that enrichment creates dislocation of the financial system of the real economy and in turn it leads to massive concentration of ownership.

Now, we might ask, how do these people actually become rich? They essentially become rich through the powers of manipulation, through speculative activity.

They have the ability to undertake secure speculative transactions; through derivative trade; through acts of deception.

They conduct insider trading; they are able to influence and manipulate markets; they are able to influence those markets -- they know where the market is going, they can position themselves. At the same time they influence policies and legislation in government and the legislature; they co-opt politicians.

So, in effect, this process of concentration of wealth is very different to what we have experienced historically, let's say in the course of the 20th century.

Press TV: Do you see the situation continuing to get worse and if so what will it take to turn this around?

Chossudovsky: Speculation will lead to increased concentration of wealth and assets because the underlying economic policies in fact favor this process.

The massive austerity measures; the deregulation of financial markets; the development of trading blocs, which in turn wipes off the small and medium sized enterprises from the market.

The only way to ultimately undermine this process of wealth concentration is through regulatory policy and I would say one of the major instruments would be in fact to cancel speculative trade -- derivative trade, trade in derivative markets. That would be the first step.

Because... in a deregulated environment with complicit governments and very powerful financial institutions this enrichment is ultimately feeding on poverty, leading to a massive concentration of ownership.

But you can see also in certain countries how these self-made billionaires are in fact fabricated at the expense of the large majority of the population, leading to mass poverty.

Press TV: With what you are talking about, "leading to mass poverty;" how likely then do you think it will be that we're going to see mass demonstrations, people taking to the streets as they are getting less and less of the pie and a small percentage actually is taking the majority of the pie?

Chossudovsky: Inevitably this process of concentration of wealth is leading to mass unemployment and poverty, but ultimately also destitution -- where people are no longer even within the labor market, they don't get work, they can't even apply for low wage work. This will lead to a massive protest movement.

But at the same time we see particularly in Western countries the development of a large scale police apparatus, surveillance, which is intended essentially to quell the protest movement.

This process is leading the world into a very serious global crisis because on one hand we see the development of the luxury goods economy; we see the development of the weapons economy -- the war economy; and at the same time we see the collapse in the production of essential commodities for the large majority of the population.

Originally aired on PressTV, November 10, 2013
http://www.presstv.ir/
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Following the Money: Who’s in Control?

Human beings are beginning to question the environment around them more so than ever before. Our capability to step outside of the box and observe events taking place on planet Earth from a neutral standpoint continues to increase at an exponential rate. Observing the entire Earth experience from an open mind has cleared the way for a change in perception, which has the potential to change our planet and the way we operate on it forever. Political, media, food, education, health, energy and financial industries are now under intense scrutiny as people continue to let go of fear, speak up and ask more questions. Can we really separate these industries if they are all operated by the same people? How can we separate the medical, food and pharmaceutical industries when they are all funded and headed by the same families and multinational organizations? How can we disregard comments and research conducted from insiders that have turned to the side of truth? If cancer cures, clean energy technologies, and other information is being suppressed, who are the ones doing the suppressing and why? With all of the events and evidence manifesting on planet Earth right now, how can we not see truth? When one is kept in the dark for so long, it is not an easy process stepping into the light. If you are questioning what is happening here on Earth and within each one of these industries, you must be thinking who is there to question? Awakening to the fact that an elite group of people and the corporations they run have gained control of our major industries can be a bothersome experience, but an experience is all it is. All events on earth are an experience, in order to change the experience we no longer resonate with we must do it from a place of neutrality, love, cooperation, peace and understanding. Playing the blame game is useless. Our outer world is just a reflection of our inner world, and the key to change is becoming the change you want to see in the world. On the other hand, creating awareness and bringing transparency to how our world really operates is necessary, and can be done from a neutral standpoint without pointing any fingers. Who is behind the funding? Who is behind the money? Who controls the supply of money within these major industries that govern our planet, its resources and the beings that reside upon it? Controlling the worlds industries and resources is done through finance, through controlling the source of money. We might find the answers we are looking for by examining these questions. Here is a clip from the recent documentary “Thrive” that explains where the money comes from, and who is in control of the system that so many are not resonating with.

Thrive Trailer Following The Money Upstream
[ flash ]

Join the discussion:
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Return to Urantia Broadcast - World News Forum